The TSTM-DC offers expanded capabilities, including full PC control, programmable angle limits, programmable cycling, auto return, password protection, and other features. The TSTM-DC is an advanced motorized torque test stand, designed for a wide variety of applications requiring up to 100 lbFin (11.5 Nm) of torque, including closure torque testing, fastener torque testing and more. A 200 lbFin (22 Nm) capacity upgrade is available as an option. The stand includes a torque loading plate with tapped holes for grip and fixture mounting. Stepper motor design eliminates speed variation with load. A lever-operated slider with travel stops makes engaging and disengaging samples quick and efficient. A modular mechanical design allows the stand to be configured for a variety of applications.
Mark-10 TSTM-DC – TSTMH-DC Motorized Torque Test Stand Features
- Maximum load:
Standard: 100 lbFin [11.5 Nm]
Optional: 200 lbFin [22.0 Nm]
- Speed range:
Standard: 0.01 – 15 RPM [0.05 – 90°/s]
Optional: 0.04 – 60 RPM [0.2 – 360°/s] *
- Speed accuracy: ±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
- Digital display of angle
- Programmable angle limits
- Rotational travel accuracy: ±0.7° / 0.02 rev.
- Rotational travel repeatability: 0.1° / 0.01 rev.
- Rotational travel resolution: 0.1° / 0.01 rev.
- Throat: 4.10″ [104 mm]
- Manual adjustment: 12° / adjustment knob rev
- Angle dial with 2° resolution
- Maximum slider travel: 15.5″ [394 mm]
- Slider travel rate: 1.047″ [26.6 mm] / lever rev
- Universal power supply: 80-250 VAC
- CE mark
* Maximum torque decreases proportionately with speed. Examples:
– Maximum torque at 60 RPM = 25 lbFin [2.8 Nm]
– Maximum torque at 30 RPM = 50 lbFin [5.6 Nm]
- Computer Control
An RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. A command set is provided to allow for full control from a PC.
The following are required with PC control:
- – Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator
– 09-1162 multi-function cable
– 09-1056 serial cable
- Digital Angle Indication
Rotational travel is indicated in degrees or revolutions, with RS-232 output of angle data.
- Programmable Angle Limits
The TSTM-DC can stop at or cycle between programmable upper and lower angle limits.
Programmable in degrees or revolutions
- Overload Protection
Protects the torque sensor against overload (requires a Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator and 09-1162 cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full scale of the sensor.
The torque table rotates to an angle limit or torque set point (requires a Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator and 09-1162 cable), stops, and reverses direction at full speed to the other angle limit or torque set point.
- Cycling / Dwell Time
Same as auto-return, but with the ability to program up to 100,000 cycles. Programmable dwell time for upper and lower limits (set independently) can be set up for up to 10,000 seconds. Independent CW and CCW speeds may be programmed.
- Programmable Button Functions
Programmable CW and CCW button functions – momentary motion, maintained motion, or auto.
- Independent CW and CCW Speeds
Configurable speeds for CW and CCW directions
- Selectable speed units of measurement (RPM and °/s)
- Password protection
Prevents unauthorized changes to controller settings.
- Upgrade to 200 lbFin [22 Nm] capacity
- Upgrade to 60 RPM maximum speed
- Series 50 universal torque sensors
Mount directly to the test stand. 6 capacities are available, from 10 ozFin to 100 lbFin [7 to 1,150 Ncm].
- Force/Torque indicators
Displays the torque value measured by the R50 sensor. Select from several models.
- Multi-function cable, indicator to controller
Connects an indicator to the controller. This single cable is used to transmit set points, overload signals, and torque data.
- Serial cable, controller to PC
For communication with PC for data output and PC control.
- RS-232 to USB adapter
Converts RS-232 to USB output. Includes USB cable and installation CD.
- Column extension
Column can be extended to custom lengths.
- Grips and attachments
A variety of grips and attachments are available.
- Axial compensator
Allows for axial movement in threaded fasteners, bottle caps, and similar torque testing applications.